Thursday, April 28, 2011

"QI: The Book of General Ignorance" - John Lloyd

Carrying on my occasional non-sporting thread, here is another book review...

Image: Paul / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
"QI: The Book of General Ignorance" - John Lloyd
"Brilliant, although it is a definite consequence that you will be annoying all your nearest and dearest with the range of amazing facts... you'll think its "genius and hilarious!!" and want to share your knowledge - they'll think "oh, not another daft fact!!".

I read it from cover to cover, but it a very easy book to pick up and put down.  I have already found myself picking it up again to check some awesome fact that I'm not sure I've remembered completely correctly.

On the whole you are left feeling more like an A. Davies than a S. Fry, but that is really just the whole point.  An absolutely fantastic Christmas present for a 'know it all' relative, just make sure they are distant enough that you don't hear the facts bounce back at you... a test of memories could break out that would only end in tears by New Years!"
Basically seeing as I had been waxing lyrical (or not) about the books I'd read on LivingSocial's facebook app I thought may as well re-publish my opinion for anyone who finds my blog.

No comments: